If you’re interested in a low-maintenance, inexpensive website you can make yourself, a Google Blog is a great platform for writing samples and limited product marketing.
A web-based tool, you make posts to your blog by submitting a simple form on the Blogger website, and the results immediately show up on your site, with your design. Blogger allows its users to choose from various templates available, and customize them. Users may also choose to create their own template using CSS.
The best thing about a Google Blogger is you can do it yourself. There’s an extensive website with support for questions, and their are options for sale on the site.
Some of Bloggers features include label organization, a drag-and-drop template editing interface, reading permissions (to create private blogs) and Web feed options. Other options and Google Docs-based implementations are:
- Post editing, image handling, Raw HTML Conversion.
- Adding location to posts via geotagging.
- Post time-stamping at publication, not at original creation.
- Vertical re-sizing of the post editor. The size is saved in a per-user, per-blog preference.
- Link editing in Compose mode.
- New Preview dialog that shows posts in a width and font size approximating what is seen in the published view.
- Placeholder image for tags so that embeds are movable in Compose mode.
- New toolbar with Google aesthetics, faster loading time, and “undo” and “redo” buttons.
- Also added was the full justification button, a strike-through button, and an expanded color palette.