If you’re in the market for a camp kitchen, you should be looking at the Grub Hub Outdoor Camping Kitchen. This amazing, patented contraption is easy to setup and is packed full of features. The price isn’t for the faint of heart — it retails on the manufacturer’s website for $399.
We’d been contemplating some time of outdoor kitchen setup, but hadn’t settled on a system. We’ve looked at various kitchens at Cabelas, Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops, but none of them fit the compact concept we try to enforce when purchasing camping accessories. The Coleman version was big and bulky and kind of ugly. Grass Haven, on the other hand, specializes in stylish, functional and great looking products.
We stumbled across the Grub Hub Camp Kitchen while at the Hershey, PA RV Show in September 2014. The vendor, Grass Haven Outdoors offered us an RV show special and at 15 percent off, we paid $320 plus tax. Owner Dawn Blitz sells the kitchen online for $375 with free shipping during the summer, so consider shopping at Grass Haven instead of the manufacturers.
We insist that all items we purchase be lightweight and compact, and serve multiple functions. The Grub Hub checks all items off the list. According to the Grass Haven website, the Grub Hub kitchen “offers ample storage and countertop space that folds up the size of a suitcase. Wheels make moving the kitchen easy and the ingenious design makes set up quick.”
Grub Hub Outdoor Camping Kitchen Features
- Folded: 36″ x 24″ x 14″
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Storage compartment: 400 cu inches
- Easy clean, countertops (9 square feet) with aluminum supports
- Telescoping tower to support kitchen utensils, lantern, and water system
- Back pockets hold campfire grill and shovel
- Large weather resistant storage compartment
- Waterproof sink and weather resistant paper towel holder
- 6″ treaded wheels for portability
- Folds to lightweight, compact size: about size of large suitcase
- Fits in most cars