Then the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released an emergency preparedness list for a zombie apocalypse, advising folks that preparing to outlast and outlive brain-eating mutants is similar to surviving a natural disaster such as a tornado or hurricane. It’s in the details.
Stuff you need to survive the zombie apocalypse
Plan your evacuation route, plan to meet the family somewhere safe, keep a list of emergency contacts. Then just pack enough water, food, medication, tools, clothes and first aid supplies.
- Water (1 gallon per person per day)
- Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly)
- Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds)
- Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.)
- Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.)
- Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets)
- Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few)
- First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado or hurricane)
(List from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Oh yeah, and pack yourself a good book or, better yet, load up on some 99-cent Kindle reads. It could be a long wait.
While you’re left behind and hiding from zombies, consider picking up my romance novel Distracted and travel with Erin and Spence as they sail into the sunset. If the world as we know it does end and we need to repopulate, maybe Distracted could serve as a handbook. I mean, you know, in case some people forget how.
Shoot! It’s Either Judgment Day or a Zombie Apocalypse by Robin Van Auken is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.robinvanauken.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://handsonheritage.com/media/terms-and-conditions.